Wage Earner Development Bond
Bangladeshi Nationals working abroad can purchase Wage Earner Development Bond with foreign exchange.
Denomination: Tk. 25,000/- Tk .50,000 Tk. 1,00,000/- Tk. 2,00,000/- & Tk. 5,00,000/-
Duration: 5 years
Rate of Profit: 12.00% (compound)
Illegibility to purchase:
- Wage Earner himself or his beneficiary can purchase this bond with foreign exchange.
- Govt. Employees working in Bangladesh Mission abroad are also entitled to purchase this bond.
From where can be purchased: This bond can be purchased from the Bangladesh Bank & only branches of Schedule Banks that deal F/C account both home and abroad
Encashment: This bond can be encashed from the Bank branches from where it is purchased. Permissible limit: No maximum limit.
Death Risk benefit: Death risk benefit up to 30% to 50% of investment.
- Nominee can be appointed.
- Duplicate Bond may be issued in case of missing Lost, Damaged, or Destroyed.
- Nominee can encash Bond immediately or on maturity in case of death of the holder.
- No profit is payable if it is encashed before one year. Excess profit drawn it will be adjusted from the principal amount.
- At the time of purchase it will be compulsory to show and entry the National Identity Card number passport no./registration no. of birth certificate in the purchase form.
- After maturity social cecurity premium will payable
- Source tax is applicable when necessary
- Source tax will deduct without SSP