CHARTER OF DUTIES
- To act as administrative head and is responsible for over all administration of the department.
- To act as an adviser to the administrative Ministry on technical matters and to formulation of policies concerning the Department.
- To act as principal accounting other of the Department within the budget provision.
- To be responsible for the administration and execution of function of the department as per acts. Ordinance, Rules and regulations and Directives issued by the government from time to time.
- To be responsible for proper functioning and discipline of the department.
- To provide executive and operational guidance to the field staff and exercise control and supervision over them.
- To be responsible for appointing Class II, III and IV employees of the department as per existing procedure.
- To be responsible for issuing clear standing orders laying down the maximum extent of delegation of powers to the officers servicing under him .
- To control and supervise the work of the Department.
- To represent the Department and where personal representation is not possible to select representative on his behalf.
- To grant cared leave to all class I and II officers under him .
- To meet all officers under him located in the same station once in a month to review cases pounding for disposal for over a month.
- To inspect his office at least one in a month and field offices at least once in a quarter in addition to annual inspection.
- To allocate duties to officers as and when required.
- To ensure proper mobilization of savings through investment in various National Savings Schemes of the Government vis-a-vis annual target fixed by the Government.
- To be responsible for maintaining proper security measures of the Department.
Additional Director :
- To assist the head of department in due discharge of his duties.
- To depute the head of department as and when necessary.
- To co-ordinate the work of all the sections of the Directorate
Assistant Director, Admin. and it is 1 section :
- To deal with cases relating to appointment promotion and transfer of officers and staff.
- To maintain Service book of non- gazetted employees of the entire department.
- To make arrangement for purchases of office equipments and furniture for the Directorate and its field offices located at Division, District, and Subdivision and Thana headquarters.
- To make hiring of office accommodations for the field, offices.
- To grant annual increment to the non-gazette employees of the department.
- To make arrangement for supply of liveries to the Class 1V employees of the department.
- To process and scrutiny monthly tour programme and T.A bills of the Division Officers.
- To make and review recruitment rules of various posits of this department.
- To maintain annual confidential reports of all officers and staff.
- To maintain records of transports attached with the Directorate.
- To make arrangements to holding of National Savings committee meetings, processing of the names of the committee meeting and to make correspondences with the members of the National Savings committee.
- To receive all incoming letters from both local offices and field of the department.
- To issue all out-going darks addressed to the field offices and the allied departments.
- To maintain the account of the franki9ng machine.
- To maintain accounts of service postages stamps.
- To dispatch prize Bonds result to 4000 addressees every two months.
Assistant Director, Policy Section:
- To frame operative rules relating to various national savings Schemes introduced by the government.
- To undertake periodical review of the operative rules and issue of interpretation of the existing rules.
- To make arrangements for printing of blank scripts of savings certificates in the Security press.
- To review the progress of the existing National Savings Schemes.
- To examine the proposals of the public relating to updating various National Savings Schemes.
- To settle the claims of investors.
- To mange the prize Bonds Schemes.
- To make correspondence with the operative agents regarding review of progress of various National Savings Schemes.
Assistant Director, Statistics Section :
- To prescribe annual targets for each field office.
- To make corresponding with the Post Office the Commercial Banks and the field offices of this Department regarding monthly sales and encashment of figures relating of various National Savings Schemes.
- To maintain Scheme-wise and field office-wise registers of sales and encashment figures of various National Savings Schemes.
- To make quarterly and annual review of progress of various National Savings Schemes.
- To submit monthly progress report to the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
- To deal with the achievements of all district and sub divisional officers and makes arrangements for award o f cash prizes to the officers who achieves their annual targets prescribed by the Government.
Assistant Director, Cash and Bill Section.
- To prepare pay bills of officers and staff of the Directorate.
- To prepare of contingent bills of the Directorate.
- To prepare publicity bills relating to release advertisements of various National Savings Schemes through news papers T.V, Radio and other publicity media.
- To maintain of cash Book of public money drawn by the Directorate from Govt. treasury.
- To maintain various recoveries registers GPS advance registers etc.
- To collect cheques from Audit office against the bills submitted by the Directorate.
- To encash cheques received from the Audit office and disbursement of the same to the parties concerted.
Assistant Director, Public Relations and Publicity Section
- To make arrangement for release of advertisement various National Savings Schemes through press, Radio and Television.
- To arrange possessing of designs connected with the release of advertisements.
- To make arrangement for printing of various publicity materials, such as calendars, leaflets, pamphlets folders, booklets, posters hand bills etc and their distribution among the general public including Govt. and Semi-Govt. offices, corporations Autonomous bodies, mills factories etc.
- To edit and publish the monthly journal `` The Sanchaya’’.
- To make arrangement for distribution of the monthly journal and various publicity materials.
- To make security and processing of all publicity bills relating to release of advertisement through press, Radio and T.V and printing of all types of publicity materials.
- To make arrangement for display of savings publicity through fixation of hordings, bill hoards, bell-signs carrying savings slogans.
Assistant Director, Budget and Accounts Section
- To prepare annual budget and revised budget estimate of the establishment of the Directorate of National Savings and its field offices.
- To prepare Receipt budget and publicity budget, Revised receipt budget and revised publicity budget estimates relating to various National Savings Schemes.
- To prepare interest budget and revised interest estimates relating to payment of interest on various National Savings Schemes.
- To distribute the budget grant to the field offices, reconciliation of expenditure with the audit figures and watohing over expenditure, placing of funds at the disposal of the field officers as and when required.
Assistant Director, Bureau Section
- To maintain registers relating to daily sale and encashment of Savings Certificates and prize Bonds through different Savings Bureau established by the Govt. for this purpose.
- To make arrangement for printing of blank scripts of Savings Certificates and maintenance of the stock thereof.
- To distribute blank scripts of savings certificates to the post office Bangladesh Bank and the National Savings Bureau.
- To make arrangement for supply of stationary and other articles to the Savings Bureau.
- To make arrangement for printing of Savings Stamps and their/supply to the post office and the field offices of the Department.
- To maintain registers relating to the sale of Savings Stamps by the field officers.
- To make arrangement for printing of cheque books, Savings Cards and Bass Book etc. relating to school Savings bank Scheme.
Deputy Directorate of the Regional Directorate
- To endeavor and take all possible measures for achievement of the targets fixed for their respective Division.
- To supervise the work of the field officers working in their respective Division.
- To perform general administrative duties and responsibilities vis-à-vis all officers and staff working in their respective jurisdiction.
- To undertake tour for a prescribed number of days every month.
(a) Assistant Director of District
- To organize all the savings schemes in this area.
- To make all possible measures for achievement of the investment targets fibbed for the district.
- To act as controlling officer of the sub divisional and Thana Savings Officers.
- To undertake tour for a period of 15 days a month.
(b) Assistant Director of National Savings Bureau
- To manage all affairs relating to sale and encashment of various Savings instruments including Defence Savings Certificates to the general public through their respective Bureau.
- To act as controlling officer of the staff working in their respective Bureau.
- To maintain accounts with the Bangladesh Bank.
- To conduct regular reconciliation of accounts with the Bangladesh bank.